First I made a walnut shell panda face – with half a walnut shell. Here’s how:
Materials used in making a panda face:
- walnut shell (half)
- Pistachio shells
- Wiggly eyes (get them here)
- A single black bead
- acrylic colors (get them here)
So how did I make a panda with a walnut shell half (and two pistachio shell halves)?
- I painted the walnut shell white
- I painted the pistachio shell-halves black (The panda, as you know, is a black and white animal. So, black and white are the only colors I needed for this craft.)
- I glued up all three
- I turned it around and planted a black bead to form the nose.
- The most prominent feature of a panda’s face is its cute eyes with the distinctive black patches. So, the patches come next.
- When all the paint dried up, I glued the wiggly eyes in the middle of the black patches.
- Lastly, I had to paint the smiley mouth.
And there it was – a baby panda face smiling at me.
But I wasn’t happy yet. I wanted my walnut shell panda to have a body (and limbs). So, here they are.
If you are wondering – I made the limbs with straw/ pistachio shells. I usually stuff straw with paper of thermocol to make them sturdy.
I’m sure you love my pandas. Hit “like” if you do and want more walnut shell craft.