How many of you have seen a banana flower? If you are city folk, you may’nt have seen it. This is what it looks like:
Do you think you can make a pistachio shell replica of this? Here’s how to make pretty little banana flower earrings with pistachio shells.
- Pistachio shells – three pairs
- Purple paint
- Yellow string/thread/twine
- Green beads
- Earring findings – hook and wire
Ad: Play Poco Magnetic Imagination Shapes
Now follow these simple and easy steps to make your own pistachio shell banana flower earrings:
- Soak one pair (two halves) of pistachio shells in water till they are soft. Then pierce each one at the top (broad end) with a safety pin to make a hole.
- Paint all the pistachio shells purple. I used nail polish instead of my usual acrylic colors.
- With the yellow yarn, make two tiny, hemispherical, pompoms.
- Cut 5 cms of wire and stick one end between a pair of pistachio shells.
- Glue the pistachio shell-pair and wire together
- Through the other end of the wire, string the pompom, one of the pierced pistachio shells, two or three green beads and the hook – in that order.
- Bend the wire and insert the end into the last green bead.
- Repeat steps 4 through 7 to make the other earring.
Simple enough? If not, watch me make my pair of banana flower earrings:
If you like ‘nutty’ but pretty jewelry, here are some more ideas: